On this page, you will find a selection of the plays written by Barry Lillie, that have been performed by professional theatre companies, in the United Kingdom and internationally. Selected plays written 1996 – 2009*.
Commissions by, The Wider Picture Theatre Co, Shropshire:
- On A Wing and a Prayer. (Musical).
- Making Ends Meet.
- Rod of Iron
- Memories of Angels
Commissions by, The Black Cat Theatre Co, Staffordshire:
- Harry Saves the Day.
- Different, Just the Same.
- Aladdin (Adaptation).
- Beauty and the Beast (Adaptation).
- Cinderella (Adaptation).
- Hansel and Gretel (Adaptation).
- E 4 ‘ell.
- Treasure Island (Adaptation)
Commissions by, Cathie Morrison Productions, Dubai and Oman
- Monster in a Box. (co-written with Joanne Rooney, Arkeen Theatre, Motherwell).
- Tatty Head
- Who’s Weight is it Anyway? for Tap and Fret Theatre Company, Slough.
- E Numbers, for MMA, Birmingham.
- Swingers, for Shift Theatre Company, London.
- She Bleeds, for Open Wide Theatre, Edinburgh.
- Something in the Water, for Black and Blue, Suffolk.
- Murder Mysteries, (Various) Commissioned by Vtes Bristol.
- Ted, for Alton Towers Hotel, Staffordshire.
- A Medieval Mystery, for Dangerous Liaisons, Staffordshire.
- A World Without Drums for Escalator Productions
- Manacle for Escalator Productions
- Bully 4 You. (Commissioned alongside Childline)
- Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet (Adaptations for New Zealand production)
- Dying for a Drink. Educational commission.
- No Glove, No Love. Educational commission.
- It’s Different for Girls. Educational commission.
- Roundabout. Educational commission.
- The Transition Project for Thetford EAZ.
*Due to time constraints, Barry now only writes plays and educational drama upon commission.