I want to try this
I have had this book for over forty years and it never ceases to surprise me with its weird and wonderful suggestions for various preserves and pickles.
What do you do when you have two lemons that are in imminent danger of getting over ripe – but don’t want to make a cake? You make Lemon Chutney! Not one I have tried before, though I have seen it in an old book – right above the recipes for lemon curd.
- 2 large lemons
- 1/4 lb onions
- 2 oz sultanas
- 1/2 oz each sea salt, mustard seeds and ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb sugar
- 3/8 pint vinegar
- Thinly slice and chop lemons and onions
- mix together in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt
- cover and leave overnight
- put lemon and onion in a pan with a splash of water and simmer until soft
- add rest of…
View original post 54 more words